This recipe and the full article appear on Weaver’s Orchard’s blog.
Mom Weaver's Cottage Pudding Shortcake
Author: Adapted from Mennonite Community Cookbook by Mary Emma Showalter
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- ⅔ teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add and beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder. Add to egg and sugar mixture. Mix well, then add milk and vanilla.
- Stir only enough to blend ingredients together. Pour into a greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Bake at 375˚F for about 25 minutes.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and milk.