This recipe and the full story appear on Weaver’s Orchard’s blog.
Creamy Asparagus Over Baked Potatoes
Author: From the kitchen of Elizabeth Weaver
- 1 bunch chopped, steamed asparagus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cup 2% or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 hardboiled eggs, sliced (an egg slicer does the perfect cut, but you can use a knife if you wish).
- 4 - 6 baked potatoes, depending on how big they are, and how much you want to eat!
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, add flour and stir constantly until it’s bubbly.
- Then, stirring constantly to avoid burning, add the milk on medium high heat until it starts to form a thickened white sauce.
- Add sliced eggs (warm ones are best), salt, pepper and chopped up asparagus.
- Serve warm over baked potatoes.